Dealing with problematic creators

 In our modern connected age, it is so much easier to find out about a creator's bad view, which means we as consumers have to decide what our response is to their material.
Really it boils down to three choices,

1. You refuse to engage with their material at all.
2. You engage with their material, but refuse to support them.
3. You carry on as normal

Now, none of these responses are wrong, but calling out someone else on their choices are, each person has their own line on what they will and will not cross. Polite discussion about people's choices are fine, calling people out are not. Each person has their own line and needs to respect other people's choices.

That is unless you choose to support an artist because you agree with them for their sexist, racist, ableist, anti-LGBT+ or any kind of extremist views, then I (among others) don’t want you in these spaces. Whilst it’s not a perfect fit I think Olivia Hill Rule applies here.

For this blog I’m going to follow a simple set of rules if I find a creator probabilistic I will not support them directly, I also won’t credit them for the story in any way. If you see a blank instead of a name that’s why, and I will try and blank out their name on any cover I post.

If I miss anyone please let me know and if I agree I will go back and re-edit my posts, I may not always agree with people but I will try and hear out other people's options.
 
I’m going to lock this post's comments, for obvious reasons, but it’s not difficult to find out the details if you want to contact me.

Popular posts from this blog

It's the Final Countdown! (Again) - Wonder Woman #293

No butts - Infinite Crisis #2

Justice League Europe #14 - You Oughtta Be In Pictures